Hello, everyone! I attended my first ever Gay Romance Lit Retreat and it was amazing!
What GRL is not:
- A place to make tons of money selling your books
- A place to pitch publishers
- A place to learn about the craft of writing through panels, workshops, and discussions
So, what is GRL?
- A giant slumber party with all the friends you never knew you had
- A place to meet authors you’ve never heard of and buy their books
- A grand game of “get every author to sign their books.”
- A wild party.
There are three levels of attendees at GRL: featured author, supporting author, and attendee. The spots for authors are limited and there’s a publishing requirement for both. (Featured authors must have 3 books currently published and available for sale, supporting authors need 1.) A lot of newer authors (like myself) go as attendees but there are also a lot of attendees who are readers, and that’s what the focus of this event is on. It’s not a place to shine a spotlight on famous authors but rather a place for readers to connect with authors and fellow readers over the books that they love.